SAWEET HEAT SLIDERS
2 pounds ground beef, turkey, or chicken
1/2 jar NJS Saweet Heat
salt/pepper to taste
1) Pour NJS Saweet Heat into your ground beef, mixing thoroughly. Salt and pepper
2) Portion out 2 1/2-3 oz for each slider, and using a clean thumb (doesn't have to be yours, but it does have to be clean) press into the middle of the raw slider to cause a 1/4 inch deep/thumb wide dimple (will keep your sliders from looking like footballs)
3) Grill 3 minutes each side or until desired temp (145° is medium rare)
4) We add American Cheese within 30 seconds of our burger flip.
5) We always leave a little SH behind for it's condiment role!!
Try and eat just 1!!
Eat and Enjoy!!
Here's a quick easy recipe that is sure to keep you coming back for more!!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 tops
SAWEET BAKED BBQ THIGHS
1 Cup Saweet Heat BBQ Sauce
12 Whole Chicken Thighs
Bone in, Skin on
*Preheat oven to 350°*
1) Line your sheets with foil, can't say it enough this can be a sticky situation and we don't want you getting mad at us so soon!!
2) Drizzle OO on 2 rimmed and lined baking sheets, season chicken with Salt & Pepper and place skin side down and roast for 25 minutes
3) Remove from oven briefly, brush sauce over thighs and use a spatula to flip them over to the other side ever so gently so you don't rip the skin
4) Brush the tops with more sauce and return to oven for 7 minutes
5) Remove once again (see a trend?) and brush on more sauce & crank up the heat to 425° and roast for another 5-7 minutes. Cook until 165°
6) Remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Ok times up!
EAT AND ENJOY!!
SAWEET HEAT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN LEGS
6 Chicken Legs
Bbq Rub ****
8 oz NJS Saweet Heat Bbq sauce
1) Rub your legs, that’s right I said rub your legs with some bbq dry rub
2) Add them to the slow cooker and cover with the NJS Saweet Heat bbq sauce cook on low for 3-4 hours.
***If your slow cooker runs hot or cold adjust time***
*** Bbq Rub***
½ c Brown Sugar
3 tbsp paprika
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
SAWEET HEAT SLOPPY JOKES
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1 lb ground turkey/beef/chicken
2 pinches Celery Salt
8 oz Jar NJS Saweet Heat
4 Hamburger Buns
More NJS Saweet Heat for drizzling... I like to drizzle
1. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet, add onion and sauté until tender about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and add the sugar, stirring to combine
2. Add turkey, Saweet Heat and celery salt directly to the onions, stirring to combine cooking about 5-7 minutes until no longer pink and fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste
3. Serve on toasted buttered buns
Eat and Enjoy!!
SAWEET HEAT SLOPPY JOE STUFFED PEPPERS
4-6 Large multi colored peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds, and ribs removed.
1 large red onion, small dice
1 medium zucchini, small dice
Leftover Sloppy Joe’s
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1) Prepare peppers by slicing and removing seeds and ribs. rub with olive oil.
2) In skillet over medium high heat, saute onions and zucchini until onions begin to become translucent, add salt and pepper
3) Add the Sloppy Joe mixture and stir to combine. heating an additional 2 minutes.
4) Scoop about 1 cup of the stuffing into each pepper halve
5. Grill over indirect heat ( coals pushed to one side, peppers above part with no coals or the part where burners ( gas grill) are off. )
6. Close the grill and grill for about 25-30 minutes until the peppers have softened and are slightly charred.
This is a great leftover recipe, and also easily adaptable you could bake these in the oven for the same amount of time if you don't feel like grilling.
SAWEET HEAT BABY BACK RIBS
Spice Mix- even amts of Granulated onion, Granulated garlic, Black pepper, Dark chili powder , salt, sugar and a pinch of Turmeric
Rack of Ribs
8 oz jar NJS Saweet Heat
1) Remove silver skin from back of ribs and use ? of NJS 8 oz JAr of Saweet Heat and lightly glaze front and back of ribs. This will create a coating for your spice rub to stick to. Apply rub to the back of the ribs first then flip them over and apply the rub to the front side. Wrap tightly in foil.
2) Put 15-20 charcoals on each side of grill, with the ribs in the middle, you could also add hickory and/or apple chunks, 1 chunk on each side. Grill 37-40 minutes, then flip over and grill 37-40 more minutes. Open foil and if you see bones protruding from the meat then remove the foil, it's ready for a mopping of Saweet Heat and then to go fade down, over direct heat 4-7 minutes for desired crust.
3) Let ribs rest for 10 minutes .
Eat and Enjoy!!
SAWEET HEAT CHILI
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 large onion, diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
2 cans, light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
½ cup tomato sauce
5 tbsp NJS Saweet Heat
1 ½ tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp NJS Missing Link Spice rub
½ tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1. Heat skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil to pan. Add onion and saute until translucent about 5-7 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
2. Add the beef/turkey to the pan and brown until cooked through making sure to break up meat while stirring. Add a dash more salt and pepper, then add the red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat
3. Place the two cans of beans and the tomatoes into the slow cooker and add the ½ cup of tomato sauce and all the spices…the chili powder, cumin, paprika, Missing link and stir to combine
4. Add the meat/onion/pepper mixture to the slow cooker and combine set to low and forget about it for 8 hours
5. Season with salt/pepper and chili powder to taste
Eat and Enjoy!!
This recipe is a great starting ground, you can add more or less beans and tomatoes or go vegetarian all together and skip the meat. You can also adjust the heat to your liking.. We have been known to add some jalapeno powder or cayenne powder to kick it up.